If your child is indisposed, please keep him/her at home until he/she is well enough to return to school. We take this measure in order to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
If your child is to be excused from activity participation in physical education classes for health reasons, a written doctor’s recommendation is required. All students are required to do PE activities unless there is a valid medical reason. Should a note not be provided, they will be
expected to take part in the PE lesson.
All students are expected to go outside for every scheduled break. Students in the school are supervised by a staff member at all times.
- Students can bring their own snack from home for break time and can also purchase food from the school canteen.
- Please provide your child with a nourishing, healthy snack and ensure any drink brought into school is in an unbreakable container.
- Water is always available to the students throughout the day and all students are permitted to have their own personal water bottle in the classroom.
We are aware that students who attend school may suffer from food, or nut allergies and we believe that all allergies should be taken seriously and dealt with in a professional and appropriate way.
- Nuts (including peanut butter and nut-base snack bars) are not allowed in school, as we may have students with severe food allergies.
- As we are based in a Muslim country, we do not permit pork products in our school.
- We encourage healthy eating habits and consequently do not permit chocolate, sweets, chips, fast food, energy drinks or soda (coke, Pepsi, Sprite, 7-Up, etc.) in school.
LOST AND FOUND
You are kindly requested to label your child’s belongings. Unclaimed items will be donated at
the end of each term. Check periodically for your child’s lost belongings and encourage your
child to check the lost and found section at the playground.
Students are responsible for their personal belongings and for respecting others’ property.
The school is not responsible for lost/stolen personal items.